February 03, 2017

Consider the Lilies

This week I was reading in 3 Nephi and almost died because I realized that my favorite scripture from the New Testament IS ALSO IN THE BOOK OF MORMON. Literally what is going on?

3 Nephi 13:28

"And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin."

This scripture shows how much God loves his children. Whenever I feel anxiety, I pray. I pray for strength to go to class and strength to make it through the day. I pray for a greater capacity to learn when I feel unable to think. I pray when I'm stressed and when I feel inadequate and incapable to do the things that I want to. I know that He has heard every word, and this whole chapter was an answer to these prayers that I've been praying. I was reminded to be mindful and to just stop for a minute. I don't think the Lord wants us to be so stressed that we're unable to focus on what really matters. This simple idea brings me so much comfort. I feel like it's Jesus telling me to just stop for a minute. Look at the flowers and be still. Those lilies are very small creations, but God still takes care of them. And I don't need to worry because I will be taken care of as well. I was reminded to have faith in God's plan. He loves me no matter what and He knows I'm trying my best.

I think we would all be better off if we could just stop and consider the lilies every once and a while and remember God's love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment