February 18, 2017

Happy

This week has been a really busy and hard week for me. I had 3 tests and a bunch of assignments and it was crazy. I wasn't doing well on my tests and I was feeling really bad about myself. I also realized that I wasn't reading my scriptures as well as I should have been because of my busyness. I think there is a correlation here if you catch my drift. I wasn't as close to Heavenly Father as I should have been and it made my week way harder. It was easier to feel to what Satan wanted me to feel than to have faith that everything would be ok and that I wasn't a "bad" person for not being great at school sometimes.

I read these scriptures in 4th Nephi:

"12 And they did not walk any more after the performances and ordinances of law of Moses; but they did walk after the commandments which they had received from their Lord and their God, continuing in fasting and prayer, and in meeting together oft both to pray and to hear the word of the Lord.

13 And it came to pass that there was no contention among all the people, in all the land; but there were mighty miracles wrought among the disciples of Jesus." -4 Nephi 1: 12-13

Remembering Christ and being obedient to Him help us feel more connected to Him and in sync with the Spirit. When I choose to read my scriptures and pray sincerely, I'm happier, I have a greater ability to help others, and I love myself more because I can feel the Savior's love for me.

I encourage everyone (the 2 people who read this aka my mom and dad) to ask the Savior how He feels about you, and always remember your infinite worth. We are children of God and it is our responsibility to take that seriously and be obedient to what God has asked us to do. I know that this brings true happiness, and I know that we can do anything through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment