March 11, 2017

You Matter

"22 Oh Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness... 23 And the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: What will ye that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels... 24 ...I will bring you up again out of the depth of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth." -Ether 2:22-24

While reading these verses, I was very impacted by how willing the Lord was to help the Brother of Jared. They needed light in their barges, but the Brother of Jared (Also why doesn't he have a real name??) didn't know how to go about it. The second that he asked the Lord for help, the Lord asked what the Brother of Jared needed Him to do. He then promised the Brother of Jared that he would take care of him and his people. The Lord reminds him that he controls the water and the wind and that he will keep them all safe.

It is so comforting to know that the Lord is in control. I also love a scripture from Exodus that my MTC companion, Hermana Sayer, would always talk about. It says, "10 And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since though hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 11 And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, of the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?"-Exodus 4:10-11

Hermana Sayer would talk about how when she was scared to teach or speak Spanish, she would read this verse and be reminded that she didn't need to worry. She would always joke that the Lord made our mouths so I'm pretty sure he can help us teach our fake MTC investigators ya know? ;)

Whenever we need help or we feel insignificant and forgotten, it helps us to remember who is in control. We matter to our Heavenly Father. No matter how small we feel in this world, we will always have someone who loves us. All we need to do is ask for the help of the Lord and He will be right there.

If you want to read a sweet talk about how God loves us by Elder Uchtdorf, I got you: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/you-matter-to-him?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment