March 26, 2017

We are in the hands of God

Sometimes it is really hard to trust in the Lord's plan for you. Life is hard and I sometimes wonder how the trials I go through are helping me. In 1 Nephi 17 verses 50-52 it says,

"And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things, I could do them...
And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?"

God is the most powerful being in the universe, yet He is still aware of you and all that you go through. Today in church, someone said something about how whatever happens in this life is for the best because we are in the hands of God. Knowing that, I think that we can all have a little more trust and a little more faith in our Lord.

Now listen to this song because it is powerful.


I am a poor wayfaring stranger
While traveling through this world of woe
Yet there's no sickness, toil or danger
In that bright world to which I go
I'm going there to see my father
I'm going there no more to roam
I'm only going over Jordan
I'm only going over home
I know dark clouds will gather around me
I know my way is rough and steep
Yet beauteous fields lie just before me
Where God's redeemed their vigils keep
I'm going there to my mother
She said she'd meet me when I come
I'm only going over Jordan
I'm only going over home

I don't think there is a way to express how I feel about this, so just let the song speak for itself. We will be taken care of because we are important to our Father in Heaven. Just keep trying and you will be ok. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment