March 17, 2017

"Seek ye for the kingdom of God"

"But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God." -Jacob 2:3

We've all seen that object lesson where you fill a jar by putting in ping pong balls first, followed by a smaller type of ball like marbles or something, followed by sand to fill the rest of the space. This week I had a goal to try and seek first the kingdom of God, and make sure I put the "ping pong balls" into my jar first instead of last. I wanted to make sure I was setting God as my priority. I honestly didn't do very well, so here is how I'm going to put it in perspective so I can try again next week.

We don't own our time, it was given to us. It's hard, as busy as we all are, to take time to remember what is most important. But I know that we're here on this earth for a greater purpose than to just finish our to do list each day. We're here to become more like Christ and build a stronger relationship with him. We're here to help others and bring light into the lives of those whose days are dark. We're here here to work, love, and learn. We have so much potential to do good. This next week, I am going put God first, give Him my time, and do what He would have me do.


No comments:

Post a Comment