February 25, 2017

We Got This

As I have been reading about Mormon, I've come to gain a lot of respect for him. The Nephites were so wicked, and they wouldn't repent. He couldn't really handle the wickedness anymore, so he told them that he wouldn't lead them anymore... But because he loved his people, he changed his mind.

"And it came to pass that I did go forth among the Nephites, and did repent of the oath which I had made that I would no more assist them; and they gave me command again of their armies."
 -Mormon 5:1

The reason that I think Mormon is so great is because he never gave up. All around him there was death and destruction. No one agreed with him and I imagine it was a very miserable time. Yet, he didn't complain. He just worked harder. He prayed, he preached, and he continued forward the best he could to lead the Nephites in battle.

I want to be like Mormon. I want to go forward without complaint and self pity. I want to continue on even when it's hard. Even if my circumstances aren't ideal, I'm going to keep trying the best that I know how and I'm going to keep relying on Christ. I CAN DO IT AND YOU CAN DO IT! (Am I Oprah now?)

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."
-John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment