April 16, 2017

Whose on the Lord's Side?

It is crazy how quickly this semester has gone. This is my last blog post for my Book of Mormon class!

I want to talk about something that I learned in church today. It is about putting away everything that isn't from God.

"Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually."
-Moroni 7:12

The world just keeps becoming worse and worse. I sometimes find it hard not to get drawn into things that aren't very wholesome. I sometimes let my music slip up a little bit, or I'll watch something that isn't "all the way bad" but has some suggestive stuff. Today in church, I was reminded that I need to be doing those things that bring me closer to Christ. Lately, I have been tempted to let my media slip up, but I think it is important to remember what this scripture says. It says that anything that isn't from God is from the devil. You can't just sit on the fence. If it isn't uplifting, we don't need it.

In the scriptures (somewhere. Not sure where sadly.) it says that we need to forsake sin. To forsake is to forget, abandon, and stay away from. I don't want to be toying with sin, I want to be on the opposite side of the fence, close to Christ and able to feel His Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment